Friday 12 June 2015

What I Wore: 'Oh My, Is Summer Here?' Edition

Sunshine! Warm weather! Things we expect June to be! The whole country's bathing in nature's Instagram filter, my timeline is full of people having BBQs and suddenly Boots is all out of suncream.

Grab your sunglasses (tortoiseshell wayfarers in my case), your gin and tonic and hit the park...or pub garden, because that's close enough right?



Dress: New Look
Jacket: New Look, £24.99
Shoes: Marks and Spencer Collection, £18
Belt: Accessorize
Bag: (just seen) Orla Kiely Etc collection, £119


A day like yesterday always calls for a pretty dress and denim. I teamed my look with pared down makeup (always advisable in this kind of weather). The dress was found in the New Look sale about a year ago, and has been one of my summer favourites ever since. 

I headed out to Fulham yesterday, and spent a little time wandering the gardens and palace. I've only recently got to know the West London area. I tend to be more familiar with Central/East/South London, and a small part of the North.



It's tucked in a small corner of West London, but definitely worth a visit - when I went, it was getting towards late evening so there was no chance to see round the Palace itself, but at least there's an excuse to visit again...especially when the weather's this gorgeous.

And I love a good excuse to throw on my summer clothes, of course. There's really nothing like beautiful grounds, a floaty dress and a bit of sunshine to make a pretty good day.

Fulham Palace is located in SW London, nearest Tube is Putney Bridge (District Line, Wimbledon branch). I'm hoping to visit again, perhaps check out the Palace itself. The gardens are usually open until 7:15pm daily.

So who enjoyed the sun? Any pub garden recommendations? Let me know...

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment